Date Added: 8 November 2018
: 25 November 2018
Job Title: Public Affairs & Campaigns Adviser
Working For: Royal College of Physicians (RCP)
Salary: £27,169 - £30,188
Salary Band: Grade 4
For this role appointments are made at £27,169 per annum
Full Time, Permanent
The Royal College of Physicians (RCP) is recruiting a public affairs and campaigns adviser to join its newly formed policy and campaigns team.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to work across our new policy and campaigns priorities, including the NHS workforce, public health, research and innovation, and integrated care. The successful candidate will help the RCP shape the debate and ensure the voices of our members are heard in Whitehall, Westminster and across the health sector.
• Proactively engaging with parliamentarians and senior stakeholders to promote the work of the RCP, supporting our ambition to become one of the ‘go to’ health organisations for parliamentarians.
• Monitoring the political environment to highlight potential opportunities or risks for the RCP’s work with stakeholders and parliamentarians.
• Managing the RCP’s public affairs and stakeholder engagement events, including party conferences.
• Supporting the external affairs team to create membership led advocacy actions that support RCP policy and campaigns priorities.
• Promoting the RCP’s key messages to stakeholders, including ministers, parliamentarians and leaders in healthcare, building consensus on our recommendations.
Knowledge of health policy is an advantage, but is not essential. We are more interested in your first-rate communication skills and track record of successful influencing.
Closing Date: 25 November 2018
Interview Date: 4 December 2018