Date Added: 7 November 2018
: 25 November 2018
Job Title: Campaigns Officer
Working For: Versus Arthritis
Salary: £28,500 – £30,500pa + Benefits
Versus Arthritis - formed by the coming together of Arthritis Research UK and Arthritis Care – is now the largest charity in the country supporting people with arthritis, and campaigning is at the heart of the new organisation. Our Campaigns team sits in the Policy & Public Affairs department, and together they challenge the Government on issues that affect people with arthritis.
We involve people with arthritis in creative ways throughout our campaign activity; producing engaging and accessible resources and activities to secure the attention of decision makers and ensure positive change happens.
This role reports directly to the Campaigns Manager and will be instrumental in making sure the stories of people with arthritis are communicated effectively, and that our campaigns apply pressure at the right time, to the right people.
The successful candidate will contribute to shaping our campaigning strategy and developing plans for how we increase our campaigning activity. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who wants to transform lives and develop their campaigning skills.
You will bring:
- Enthusiasm for the role and commitment to transforming the lives of people with arthritis.
- Strong knowledge and experience of devising campaign activities and creating resources to influence change, ideally for national campaigns.
- Proven experience of working with volunteers and involving them in your projects.
- Ability to write content for a range of platforms and publications; translating complex ideas into simple and engaging messages.
- Strong verbal communications skills, with the confidence to speak to people at all levels about our work, and the ability to adapt your style for a variety of audiences.
- Excellent organisational skills, including experience of coordinating projects, working independently, prioritising effectively and meeting deadlines.
- Experience of building good working relationships with a variety of colleagues and promoting the work of the campaigns team internally.
- Experience of using databases to store contact information, knowledge of policies and procedures concerning data governance and protection.Good attention to detail; consistently producing accurate work and identifying errors.
- A flexible approach, with the ability to adapt to the needs of the charity.
Closing Date: 25 November 2018
First round interviews expected: Thursday 6 or Friday 7 December with second interview the following week.
Start date as soon as possible.
Application details can be found on our website https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/about-us/work-for-us/our-current-vacancies/campaigns-officer.aspx
Please note due to the number of applications we receive we are unable to provide individual feedback at the point of application. If you haven't heard back from us within three weeks of applying please assume on this occasion you have not been selected for interview.