Date Added: 7 November 2018
: 16 November 2018
Job Title: Policy Consultant
Working For: British Psychological Society
Salary: Project value is £2,000 , plus expenses
The Division of Neuropsychology are seeking a Policy Consultant, to support the collation of mapping data on neuropsychologist services
The specific tasks will be as follows:
- Collate data collected on neuropsychological rehabilitation and community services
- Combine data with previous work on neuropsychological services within acute neuroscience centres
- Produce a briefing document with a description of methodology, infographics reporting the results, in depth features on high calibre centres of excellence, and recommendation on appropriate levels of provision
Applicants should have the following skills:
- Education to degree level, with significant post-qualification experience in public policy environment.
- Detailed knowledge of UK and EU Parliamentary, Governmental and Civil Service systems and how to provide input to them.
- Experience of directly accessing the political systems in at least one of the UK Parliaments or the European Parliament.
- Demonstrable understanding of the nature and demands of governance relationships in a third sector organisation.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining good relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good ICT skills.
- Well-developed team working skills – particularly in working with volunteers.
- Well-developed negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Detailed knowledge of national and international policy issues relating to neuropsychology education, research, and practice.
- Detailed knowledge of the range and nature of delivery of neuropsychology psychology education, science, and practice.
- Detailed understanding of the structure and activities of the Society and of the professional and academic context of neuropsychology psychology.
This is offered as a Contract for Services through the British Psychological Society and therefore the contractor is responsible for their own tax returns and declaring the income. The project value is £2,000 (6-7 days work). It is expected that the project will be completed by mid-January 2019.
Closing Date: 16 November 2018
It is anticipated that the interviews will take place on the afternoon of the 21 November with the successful applicant being able to commence as soon as possible after that.
Application for this post is by the submission of a covering letter linking your skills to our specific needs and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested parties may contact Katherine Carpenter (email@example.com), the Division of Neuropsychology Chair, for an informal discussion about the role.