Date Added: 7 November 2018
: 22 November 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Kerry McCarthy MP (Bristol East)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
- to support Kerry's work on environmental issues, food and farming policy, climate change, animal welfare, marine, waste/ circular economy, trade and related issues in parliament
- to provide support for Kerry's work as a member of the Environmental Audit Committee and the Environment Food and Rural Affairs Select Committee, and chair of the All-Party Groups on Food Waste and Agroecology
- to carry out research on these issues, monitor parliamentary activity and Government policy, prepare briefings, table questions, write speeches/ articles/ social media content and prepare responses to correspondence
- to liaise with stakeholders include campaign groups, NGOs and relevant experts, and to attend meetings on Kerry's behalf
- excellent writing and research skills
- genuine and demonstrable interest in environmental issues, food policy and other policy areas mentioned above
- sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour party and politically aware
- previous experience of working in Parliament, or in a relevant role for an NGO would be desirable, as would degree level studies in a related subject.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 November 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Monday 26th November.
Interviews will take place on Monday 3rd December.
A written exercise will be part of the recruitment process.
Start date for the job would, ideally, be Monday 7th January 2019.
Applicants should send a copy of their CV and a covering letter to email@example.com