Date Added: 12 October 2018
: 9 November 2018
Job Title: Digital Communications Volunteer
Working For: Big Brother Watch
Charity Number: 06982557
Salary: London Zones 1-6 Travel, £5 lunch expenses
Big Brother Watch exposes and challenges threats to our privacy, our freedoms and our civil liberties at a time of enormous technological change in the UK. We work to roll back the surveillance state and protect the rights of everyone in the UK to be free from unfair intrusion.
In our pursuit for change, we use advocacy and campaigns; parliamentary lobbying; public interest litigation; research and investigations that inform policy and public debate; and public education and empowerment.
We have an opportunity for a Digital Communications volunteer in our Westminster office.
This is a varied role with no two days the same. Previous volunteers have, for example, chosen to help run our social media channels, develop digital campaign material from graphics to leaflets, and engaging with our supporters.
The voluntary role is on an entirely flexible basis.
We are looking for volunteers with:
- A demonstrable passion for civil liberties and campaigning (digital campaigns experience is desirable but not essential)
- Interest in the intersection of technology and human rights
- Courage to hold the powerful to account
What we can offer:
- Flexible experience protecting civil liberties, influencing policy and contributing to making a difference
- Experience being part of a dedicated, dynamic, positive team of campaigners
- Learn valuable transferable skills
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 9 November 2018
Interviews will be on a rolling basis, with a start date at your earliest convenience.
- Please send your CV and a covering letter (maximum one page) to email@example.com
- Please state in your covering letter what specific area of our work you would like to contribute to and why you have the appropriate skills and interest.
- Please let us know what your availability is and when you would be able to start.