Date Added: 11 October 2018
: 9 November 2018
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Antoinette Sandbach MP (Eddisbury)
Location: Winsford, Cheshire
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Responsibilities will include:
• Providing information and support for individual constituents on a range of issues, taking appropriate action to resolve concerns in a courteous way, via email, phone or in person.
• Attend surgeries, tribunals and meetings as appropriate.
• Liaising with various branches of local and central government, voluntary sector and others third sector organisations to help resolve constituency matters.
• Attend surgeries and other meetings where appropriate. This may require occasional evening and weekend work.
• Support and in some cases, assist, in the organisation of local community campaigns and events.
• Ensure cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken in line with privacy principles.
• Monitor local, national news and social media for relevant stories, issues and news that maybe relevant to Antoinette’s role.
• Carry out other duties as and when required in order to contribute to the efficient running of the MP’s office.
The successful candidate will have the following key skills and attributes:
• Prior experience providing welfare, benefits advice or similar.
• Excellent written communication skills with attention to detail on spelling and grammar.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Able to work with minimal supervision, but as part of a small team.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Motivation and clear commitment to help the people of Eddisbury.
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
• Legal experience preferred, but not essential.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 9 November 2018
Please note that interviews may commence before the closing date for applications.
Please send CV and covering letter by email to Antoinette Sandbach MP: email@example.com