Date Added: 11 October 2018
: 4 November 2018
Job Title: Communities and Education Coordinator
Working For: Protection Approaches
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000
Founded in 2014, Protection Approaches is a London based charity committed to ending identity-based violence. We do this through our grassroots engagement with young people and communities, and through our work with decision and policy makers.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious individual to join our small team to lead on expansion and delivery of our community-based and education programmes across London and the UK. This is a varied role that would suit a candidate excited by the opportunity of joining a rapidly growing charity.
The successful candidate will understand the processes that lead to prejudice and marginalisation in the UK and be driven by a determination to tackle those processes. You will understand the pressures of working in a small team, the long hours this can sometimes entail and the need to pitch in on all sorts of tasks.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to develop the role and the projects they are coordinating. They will have the opportunity to design new projects and, as the team grows, manage staff members to implement those projects.
- Coordinate the Protection Approaches Schools programme
- Coordinate a new community engagement project in East London
- Fundraising including grant writing
- Varius other duties
- Three or more years professional experience leading projects in the non-profit sector
- Three or more years professional experience working on projects focused on theprevention of prejudice, marginalisation, or identity-based violence
- Experience working with communities that experience prejudice, marginalisation or identity-based violence
- Experience working with young people
- Experience engaging with decision makers at a local or national level
- Experience of facilitating workshops with varied audiences
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of writing grant proposals in the non-profit sector
- Experience of fundraising in the non-profit sector
For full details please visit: www.protectionapproaches.org/communities-and-education-coordinator.html
Closing Date: 4 November 2018
1st round interviews held: w/c Monday 5th November
2nd round interviews held: w/c Monday 12th November
Start date: ASAP
To apply: In one attachment with your full name as the file name please send to Andy Fearn on email@example.com:
- Your CV
- Max 250 words on why you want to be employed at Protection Approaches in this position (note: don’t tell us why you think you’d be good at it, tell us why you want it)
- Max 500 words on how your experience matches our essential criteria
Please note: due to the volume of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.