Date Added: 11 October 2018
: 23 October 2018
Job Title: Communications and Projects Officer
Working For: David Nott Foundation
The Communications and Projects Officer is responsible for communicating the achievements and fundraising needs of the Foundation to external audiences. They also act as a point of contact or support for key Foundation projects to ensure their efficient delivery and manage the day to day administration of the office.
• Contribute to the formulation of a communications strategy for the DNF centred on ensuring communication and engagement delivers our charitable objectives.
• Relationship building and advocacy with partner organisations.
• Manage the Foundation social media accounts, keeping them updated with relevant news, images and posts.
• Manage the website, updating frequently with content and serving as point of contact with the website management company.
• Copywriting and digital content creation.
• Public relations.
• Event organisation and logistics including researching possible individuals and organisations to invite, managing invitations and the recording of RSVPs.
• Monitoring the enquiries inbox, forwarding messages as appropriate and responding where necessary.
• Work with a dedicated Trustee to establish and maintain a database of ‘Friends of David Nott.’
• Monitor social media accounts for issues of concern and messages which require a response.
• Managing letters or emails of thanks to every donor.
• Uploading of details into, and management of, CRM database.
Projects and administration
• Support the COO where required in monitoring the progress of key projects and initiatives.
• Be primary point of contact with applicants for the DNF Scholarship programme and manage their travel.
• Maintain contact lists and databases.
• User-experience and analytics of our app.
• Organise ordering of office supplies as and when needed.
• Other administrative tasks as required.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills.
• Drive, competence and a willingness to learn.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask.
• The ability to cope with pressure.
• Creativity, imagination and initiative.
• Good teamwork, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• A good knowledge of, and keen interest in, current affairs and international relations.
Closing Date: 23 October 2018
Please send a CV and cover letter explaining what qualities and skills you would bring to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org