Date Added: 11 October 2018
: 10 October 2018
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Andrew Selous MP (South West Bedfordshire)
Salary: In line with IPSA Payscales
A full-time caseworker is required to support the MP in his Westminster office, working as part of a small busy team. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are essential, in addition to the ability to manage a full workload.
• Dealing with standard queries from members of the public, working to tight deadlines.
• Drafting responses to constituents and managing casework.
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- The ability to work quickly, accurately and co-operatively as part of a small team.
- Very competent IT skills.
- Research skills to draft correspondence.
- The ability to work under pressure without supervision to tight deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Sound political judgement and a commitment to politics. Applicants do not need to be Conservative Party members, but an understanding of the principles and beliefs of the party is desirable.
- Knowledge of Caseworker desirable but not essential.
- Managing Andrew's website, Facebook, Twitter and other social media activities.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 10 October 2018
Interviews will begin as soon as possible. We may appoint before the closing date if an appropriate candidate is found. Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
The start date will be flexible.
Please send a cover letter and no more than a single page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org If you require any further information, please call 0207 219 8134.
This advert has been removed at the request of the original advertiser.