Date Added: 11 October 2018
: 10 December 2018
Job Title: Financial Services and Payments Programme Manager
Working For: techUK
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 per annum
- Support the development, implementation and communication of techUK’s Financial Services & Payments programme in a way that meets the needs of existing and potential members.
- Promote the programme though website posts, opinion pieces, social media and PR activities.
- Draft meeting notes, event reports and papers as requested.
- Support relevant techUK working groups and maintain liaison with group members.
- Assist in maintaining all relevant parts of the techUK website to a high standard.
- Maintain all relevant records on techUK’s CRM system.
- Identify and exploit cross-fertilisation opportunities with other programmes within techUK.
- Liaise with other techUK teams to assist in a successful programme of press coverage, events, internal and external marketing and to ensure they are kept fully informed of major policy initiatives.
- Deputise for Head of Programme in their absence.
- A self-motivated individual with positive can-do approach who is comfortable working in a high pressure, fast-paced environment with competing demands, and responding to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to get to grips with complex technical information and to communicate this effectively to a range of audiences.
- A team player who is comfortable working with senior individuals in Industry and within government.
- Ability to identify and propose new opportunities and services for techUK.
- Ability to carry out agreed objectives with a minimum of supervision.
- Capability to use the tools and technologies techUK provides, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, CRM, Social Media, Web tools and home working software.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Strong interest in financial services and payments and keen desire to learn.
- Experience of managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of the technology industry landscape and the positioning and role of trade bodies.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and background in economics, financial services or legal regulations.
- Good high-level knowledge of technology and the fintech industry.
This is a full-time role based in techUK’s London office.
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances. Please visit our website to see the full job specification.
Closing Date: 10 December 2018
Interviews will be ongoing until the ideal candidate is found which may be before the closing date.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
To apply, please send through your CV together with a cover letter (max 500 words) to: email@example.com