Date Added: 10 October 2018
: 6 November 2018
Job Title: Communications Manager
Working For: Shiva Foundation
Shiva Foundation is seeking a Communications Manager to oversee the organisation’s internal and external communications. The purpose of this role is to expand the organisation’s online presence, to encourage action among our followers, to engage key target audiences, to support outreach for our programmes, and to ensure consistent internal and external messaging.
This is a senior level role with a high level of responsibility. The role includes developing a new communications strategy and brand identity, managing campaigns and supporting on outreach activities for our programmatic work. This role will be responsible for marketing initiatives, building strategic partnerships, and communicating our programme outputs in innovative ways to key audiences, including business leaders, policymakers, government officials, partners, media and the general public. The role may involve line management of interns and volunteers working on communications. Over time, and as MRS Foundation’s programmes develop, the role may be expected to support a broader remit and/or team.
The role will be responsible for:
- Strategic communications and marketing,
- Branding and website oversight,
- Internal communications, and
- Public relations.
Knowledge and Experience:
- An undergraduate degree (preferably in marketing, communications or journalism);
- A minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in a communications role for a similar organisation;
- A proven ability to lead the co-creation and implementation of communications strategies;
- Ability to think strategically with proven experience working on diverse and wide ranging communication strategies including all forms of media;
- An excellent understanding of how to use communications tools and techniques to increase the visibility, profile and reputation of an organisation;
- Experience managing social media and digital communications;
- Experience measuring the impact of communications;
- Knowledge of website management;
- Comfort representing an organisation at external events;
- Demonstrated writing, editing and proofing skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to Shiva Foundation’s mission, vision and values; and
- Permission to live and work in the UK.
Closing Date: 6 November 2018
Start Date: January 2019
Please see a full job advert on our website at www.shivafoundation.org.uk/people.
To register your interest, please email email@example.com with a:
- brief cover letter (no more than 1 page),
- CV, and
- writing sample of maximum 1000 words - this can be anything you have written in the past including articles, blogs or reports and does not need to be on the topic of human trafficking.