Date Added: 10 October 2018
: 15 October 2018
Job Title: Junior Consultant
Working For: Oxford Insights
Salary: £25,000 plus bonus
Are you looking for the satisfaction of public service work, with the excitement and variety of startup life?
Oxford Insights is a startup strategy consultancy helping governments harness the latest developments in technology and leadership. We are currently growing and are looking to build out our team.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is thoughtful, articulate, eager to learn and looking for work with meaning. We are looking for a few key traits in particular:
- Public service ethos - What unites our team is a passion to make governments work better; to understand the policy formulation process and how that gets translated operationally into better services for citizens. We want you to share that passion.
- Integrity - We are looking for someone who will inspire (and deserve) the trust of those they deal with be they clients or their team.
- Curiosity - There is always a new or better way of doing things. We are looking for people who want to explore the world around them and try new things.
- Clear communicator - Great teamwork and great client work come from excellent communication.
- Flexibility and initiative - As a growing company working internationally, our team members do a mixture of independent work, and intense teamwork under pressure (and often overseas). We are looking for people who enjoy this variety, and find it inspires them to come up with new ideas and better ways to do things.
At present, we are particularly looking for candidates with language skills (especially Spanish), and/or those who have a strong background or interest in Middle Eastern governments.
What will you be doing?
As this is a startup environment, your role will be shaped by your interests and by the company’s needs as it evolves. Our current projects include: helping a US city create an artificial intelligence strategy; supporting governments in the Middle East with reform projects; and research on how artificial intelligence can be used to help counter-terrorism projects.
As a junior consultant you might expect to:
- Support client relationships
- Manage small projects
- Conduct interviews and desk research, and prepare briefings
- Draft blogs and reports
- Find new opportunities and draft proposals for clients
For more info, please see www.oxfordinsights.com/juniorconsultant
Closing Date: 15 October 2018
First interview - week of 22 October 2018
Second interview and written exercise - week of 29 October 2018
Earliest start date - 5 November 2018
Please send a CV and cover letter (no more than 1 page each), alongside a recent writing sample (no more than 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org