Date Added: 10 October 2018
: 5 November 2018
Job Title: Programme Assistant – Conferences
Working For: Inside Government
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Programme Assistant to join Inside Government, a leading organiser of policy-led conferences for practitioners in the public sector. It is an exciting new role in a fast growing and entrepreneurial division with excellent career opportunities for those interested in public policy and business development.
You will be working in supporting the expansion and business growth of our leading Conference brands. The role will involve working in a competitive and target-driven environment to assist in engaging new audiences, building key stakeholder relations and developing leading policy-driven Conferences across a range of sectors.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• In depth research across a wide range of UK domestic policy areas
• Identifying, inviting, confirming and liaising with high profile speakers from across the public sector
• Producing event agendas and policy overviews
• Writing attractive online copy which demonstrates the business criticality of our products
• Developing policy-led blogs and shareable content to engage new audiences
• Managing preparations for events and assisting speakers on-the-day
• Working closely with and briefing our marketing and sales teams to ensure events are a commercial success
• Supporting the development of social media channels to build event awareness and brand recognition
• Developing relationships with sponsors, public sector stakeholders and other sector speakers
• Devising innovative ideas to drive product development and delivery to meet the evolving needs of the public sector and support the company’s business growth
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• A degree in UK Politics, English, Business or a related topic with a thorough knowledge of UK policy
• A strong interest in current affairs
• A commercial and entrepreneurial mindset with the ambition to support business growth
• Ability to prioritise work and meet weekly deadlines and targets
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• An interest in building cross-sector relationships and business partnerships
• Strong research, writing skills and editing skills
• Ability to work independently
• Team player with an ambitious and positive attitude
• Previous conference experience is desirable, but not essential
Closing Date: 5 November 2018
Interviews will take place as soon as possible. We are looking for an immediate start where possible.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com explaining why you think you are suitable for the role.