Date Added: 13 September 2018
: 5 October 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant/Secretary (part time)
Working For: Mark Pawsey MP (Rugby)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Mark is looking to recruit a part-time (ideally two days per week) Parliamentary Assistant/Secretary for his busy Westminster office.
The successful candidate will assist the Senior Parliamentary Assistant in Mark’s London office.
The role may suit someone presently working part-time for a Member of Parliament who is looking to increase their hours by way of a job-share or someone with experience working for a Member of Parliament in a constituency office who is looking to make the transition to Westminster.
Essential skills include:
● Eye for detail
● Ability to work quickly and under pressure
● Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills
● Proficiency in the use of MS Outlook, Word and Excel
● Enthusiastic and self-motivated
● Ability to work independently or as part of a team
● Sound political judgement and a commitment to the aims and objectives of the Conservative Party
● Previous Parliamentary experience
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
● Assisting with diary management
● Monitoring parliamentary business and providing briefings
● Responding to routine enquiries and correspondence
● Providing administrative support
● Ad-hoc research
● Attending meetings and minute taking
● Liaising with constituents visiting Parliament
● Liaising with outside organisations
● General office support as required
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 5 October 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed after the closing date.
Preference will be given to candidates who are able to start immediately.
Interested applicants should email their CV and a short covering letter outlining their suitability for the role and relevant experience to Mark’s Senior Parliamentary Assistant and Office Manager Yousef Dahmash - email@example.com - with 'Application for the position of Parliamentary Assistant/Secretary' in the subject line.
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.