Date Added: 13 September 2018
: 19 October 2018
Job Title: Executive and Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Lord Bilimoria of Chelsea CBE, DL and Samson Sohail
• Manage extremely busy diaries, arranging meetings, bookings and travel arrangements – domestic and international
• Regularly briefing Lord Bilimoria and Samson Sohail on upcoming diary engagements and ensuring that all necessary documents are to hand coordinating with the PR teams
• Manage a heavy load of incoming correspondence, ensuring that each item receives a prompt response
• Drafting most outgoing correspondence, often with specific input from Lord Bilimoria and Samson Sohail
• Maintain an extensive filing system of correspondence, speeches, business papers
• Prepare presentations when necessary
• Organise events in Parliament and assisting with tours
• Manage Lord Bilmoria’s website www.lordbilimoria.co.uk and www.zoroastrianappg.com
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Ability to learn quickly and be adaptable
• Impeccable spelling and grammar
• A fast touch-typing speed, and the ability to keep up with dictation
• A strong work ethic and willingness to go above and beyond when needed, including working some evenings and weekends
• Be highly organised and be able to prioritise tasks and work independently
Furthermore, applicants should possess:
• An excellent working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Outlook
• A keen understanding of how Parliament works
Desirable but not essential:
• Previous experience in a business executive or parliamentary setting
• Knowledge of the procedures and membership of the House of Lords
• Awareness of South Asian culture, politics and business practice
• University-level education
While it is not expected that selected candidates will be politically neutral, they must prevent their personal political views from interfering with Lord Bilimoria's status as an Independent Crossbencher, and the duty of non-partisanship that such status entails.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 19 October 2018
Applicants may be contacted for an interview before the closing date and we may appoint before the closing date.
Please submit a CV (no longer than two sides) and a cover letter (no longer than one side), both as PDF documents, to Lord Bilimoria's Office Manager and Parliamentary Researcher, Monica Sharma at email@example.com.
E-mails must include the subject line "Executive and Parliamentary Assistant application".
Please direct any further queries to Monica Sharma, via the e-mail address above. Note that not all queries can be answered before the deadline.
It may not be possible for us to contact candidates who we cannot invite for interview.