Date Added: 13 September 2018
: 5 October 2018
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Helen Grant MP (Maidstone and The Weald)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Helen Grant MP is looking to appoint a caseworker in her Maidstone office to act as a dedicated first point of contact for those seeking her assistance. This role would be perfect for a first job in politics and for someone who is keen to learn new skills and be a key member of the team. The right candidate should be people-focused and well-organised with a determination to provide
constituents with a first-class service. They should also possess excellent written and oral communication skills, take pride in their work and have a good grasp of IT. The successful applicant will work full-time in a friendly office. The majority of their time will be spent in Maidstone but they will also need to attend the office in Westminster.
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public; providing information, advice and support to constituents on a broad range of issues.
- Carrying out research and interacting with Government agencies, local councils and other organisations in order to respond to queries.
- Drafting of letters and correspondence in response to constituents’ enquiries.
- Accompanying the Member in the constituency to meetings.
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries.
- Strong written, communication and analytical skills with a good telephone manner and attention to detail.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise own caseload.
- A strong work ethic, reliability and a flexible approach as part of our small team.
- Good IT skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- A genuine desire to help constituents and an interest in the local area.
Desired Qualities of Candidate
- Sympathise with the values of the Conservative Party.
- Previous experience working for an MP.
- Experience of handling casework /CR6 software.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 5 October 2018
No applications shall be considered beyond 5pm.
Interviews may begin prior to the closing date.
For the right candidate, the start date is flexible but we hope for the position to begin as soon as
Please send a one page covering letter and your CV to Helen Grant MP at email@example.com outlining why you would be suited to the role. Please include in your covering letter what appeals to you about the constituency and working for Helen. Please put “Caseworker Application” in the subject line of your email.
Please be aware that it may not be possible to respond to all applicants.