Date Added: 13 September 2018
: 27 September 2018
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Bill Wiggin MP (North Herefordshire)
A full-time caseworker is required to support the MP in his Westminster office, working as part of a small busy team.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic people person, with excellent attention to detail. Outstanding written and communications skills are essential, as is the ability to multi-task and manage a demanding workload.
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public, working to tight deadlines.
- Drafting responses to constituents and managing casework.
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Close working with the constituency based parliamentary office to fulfil tasks.
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- The ability to work quickly, accurately and co-operatively as part of a small team.
- Very competent IT skills.
- Research skills to draft articles and correspondence.
- The ability to work under pressure without supervision to tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A commitment to aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 September 2018
Interviews will take place the week commencing 8th October.
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Please send a cover letter and no more than a single page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Caseworker - YOUR NAME in the subject line.