Renaissance Foundation works to inspire young hospital transition patients, young careers and school pupils at risk to achieve their full potential. Renaissance Foundation raises funds each year from companies, individuals, and events to support projects, which create sustainable change to improve the lives of young people living with significant life challenges. We are now seeking a driven and passionate intern to support our communications and upcoming fundraising events and opportunities. This is a perfect opportunity for someone wanting to gain hands on experience, overseeing fundraising and will be a crucial role to the charities development.
Organising Fundraising events:
· Conducting possible events and venue research
· Assisting in the organisation of research and design of new donor cultivation events
· Organising raffle prizes and other sponsorship
· Recruit and encourage participants for fundraising events
· Assisting with the set-up of equipment, materials and stands at events
· Representing Renaissance Foundation to the public and supporters
· Maintain communication with supporters and organising thank you letters etc.
· Logging all actions on charities database
· Potential corporate and major donor fundraising sources research
· Making initial telephone/email enquiries to potential funders/sponsors
· Provide support in data gathering for proposal writing and submission
· Support the development of proposals to individuals and corporates identified
· Sending letters and emails as required. Adhoc office administration
· Attend and contribute to weekly meetings with the team
At Renaissance Foundation there is always room for creativity, so the ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, with a positive proactive attitude and an organised go getter.
To have an understanding or interest in social media. The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal skills, with excellent attention to detail. Experience of using full Microsoft office packages is a must. Having some knowledge of issues facing local community and voluntary groups would be an advantageous.
For more information go to https://www.renaissance-foundation.com/rf-internship-programme
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as the ideal candidate will start immediately.
Please send a CV and a short covering letter explaining your motivations to Sorrel Norwood, Youth Outreach Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org