Date Added: 13 September 2018
: 8 October 2018
Job Title: Social Media and Communications Intern
Working For: Renaissance Foundation
Charity Number: 1128772
Salary: Expenses covered transport and food up to £10 a day (part-time, flexible hours)
We are looking for an engaging Social Media & Communications Intern to join our close and growing team in a locally based London charity.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone wanting to gain hands on experiance overseeing and planing social media campaigns and having access to training from our network of supporting media organisations, With a host of High-profile individuals and partners this is an excellent way for the aplicant to gain exposure and experiance in a practice way.
You will work with the Charities CEO and Board member who oversees the communications strategy to plan and implement the derlivery of the communications plan and social media strategy.
- Undertake weekly management and maintenance of our social media channels, Facebook and Twitter, including identifying and creating content in line with the projects Social Media Strategy
- Provide timely and appropriate responses where necessary, escalating issues to the Project Manager if needed
- Use reporting tools and metrics to analyse and feedback to Project Manager
- To contribute to the development of the Renaissance Foundation & young people's Youth media channel's Social Media and Digital Communications strategy
- To observe the Volunteers Code of Conduct
- Have experience of using social media, particularly Facebook & Twitter
- Familiar with Twitter analytics dashboard and Facebook Insights
- An understanding of or interest in social networks and issues facing local community and voluntary groups would be an advantage
- Have strong written and verbal skills
- Fluent in English
- Have strong digital copy skills
- Be organised and have good attention to detail
- Be proactive, with an enthusiastic attitude
- Be creative
- Based at Renaissance Foundation offices in Shoreditch, London
- From 2 hours per week
- Induction & further Training during role
- Working with and supervised by Project Manager througout.
More information can be found at https://www.renaissance-foundation.com/rf-internship-programme
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 8 October 2018
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as the ideal candidate will start immediately.
Please send a CV and a short covering letter explaining your motivations to Sorrel Norwood, Youth Outreach Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org