Date Added: 12 September 2018
: 26 September 2018
Job Title: Stakeholder Manager
Working For: Govia Thameslink Railway
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits including free travel on GTR services
Our Stakeholder Manager is responsible for ensuring that the messages which reach key external stakeholders are accurate, timely and fit for purpose. We have a diverse portfolio of stakeholders including MPs, local businesses, press and community groups. Your role will focus on managing correspondence with regards to key changes to our service, supporting the wider stakeholder management team with key projects. You’ll already be a confident writer with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ideally you’ll have experience of stakeholder communications during a period of change.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a passion for accuracy and an empathetic writing style. You’ll be proactive when responding to queries and able to write in a convincing manner. You’ll be able to keep a calm head under pressure and be able to display high levels of organisation. Knowledge or experience of the UK passenger rail industry is also highly beneficial but not essential. Obviously, you’ll be adept with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other office packages.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Managing two members of staff
- Responding to letters and other correspondence from external stakeholders
- Supporting on communicating project purposes and milestones to a diverse audience
- Working alongside transport organisations, MPs, local businesses and travel groups to provide accurate and timely information.
- Drive engagement from external stakeholders and track communication levels
- Facilitate appropriate contact between senior GTR Managers and key stakeholders.
- Working collaboratively with the stakeholder team and wider business
- Liaison with the Customer Relations team to ensure common messages are shared externally
- Working with internal specialists to interpret complicated technical information and convey this to the business with simple explanations
- Attending stakeholder meetings (inc out of hours, when required)
- Writing communications plans and defining key messages
Closing Date: 26 September 2018
Interview dates TBC, start date TBC