Date Added: 11 September 2018
: 25 September 2018
Job Title: SDG Advocacy Volunteer
Working For: HelpAge International
Charity Number: 1128267-8
Salary: Reasonable travel expenses and £5.00 for lunch
HelpAge International's vision is a world where older people fulfil their potential to lead active, dignified, healthy and secure lives. We are the secretariat of the HelpAge global network, bringing together more than 138 members and 200 partners working with older people in over 80 countries.
Do you want to stand up for the rights of older people? Are you interested in global advocacy and looking for flexible volunteering that fits in with your existing commitments? Do you want to know more about the UN and working with governments in lower and middle income countries? If yes - this is a great role for you.
What you will be doing
- Communicating with our network members and partners from around the world, sharing information and opportunities and supporting their advocacy at national level
- Tracking developments at national level and updating our internal records
- Coordinating and promoting webinars and global calls for our network members and staff to connect, share and learn
- Supporting the coordination of the Stakeholder Group on Ageing, a coalition of organisations working at UN level
- Supporting events, ad hoc research and communications
What’s in it for you?
- Build your understanding of advocacy and learn about different approaches to make change happen
- Learn about working with governments, the UN and civil society partners and get experience working in a global advocacy team.
- Enhance your knowledge about issues affecting older people and meet experts in the field of development, human rights and ageing
What we are looking for
The ideal volunteer will have strong attention to detail and exceptional communication and organisational skills. We would love to hear from candidates that have an interest in international development and global/regional campaigns.
Follow this link for more details and the job desctiption: http://www.helpage.org/who-we-are/jobs/sdg-advocacy-volunteer/. There is flexibility on hours and time commitment.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 25 September 2018
Please submit your CV and cover letter explaining how you meet the description to: