Date Added: 29 August 2018
: 28 September 2018
Job Title: Full time Office Manager
Working For: Priti Patel MP (Witham)
Salary: Remuneration will be in line with IPSA pay scales.
Key Skills and Competencies
• Reliable and the capability to work well unsupervised
• Integrity and understanding the importance of confidentiality
• Excellent communication skills - approachable, positive and respectful and must have the ability to establish good working relationships
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong aptitude in coordinating and managing a high volume of tasks in a demanding environment and understands how to prioritise work
• Experience in a similar Westminster or equivalent role essential
• Day to day point of contact for constituents and organisations, managing incoming all calls and Member’s emails and ensure that enquiries were responded to within 24 hours.
• Responding to correspondence from constituents in particular casework enquires.
• Managing and planning all diary appointments and overseeing all constituency commitments.
• Organising and planning all surgery appointments on behalf of constituents.
• Facilitating and overseeing the day to day running of the parliamentary office.
• Maintain efficient data and file management to comply with data protection.
• Line managing the office team and conducted weekly/monthly meetings between all staff.
• Research local issues and monitoring.
• Generating weekly reports on constituency matters.
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 28 September 2018
Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close applications early if a suitable candidate is found. Preference will be given to those candidates who are able to start immediately.
Interested applicants should email their CV and a cover letter outlining their suitability and relevant experience for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates will be notified via email if they have been shortlisted for interview.
10 Sep: taken down early because of volume of applicants.