Date Added: 10 August 2018
: 31 August 2018
Job Title: Research Assistant (Internship, Part-Time or Full-Time))
Working For: Inclusive Boards
Salary: £7.83 + per hour
We are looking for a Research Assistant to join our Knowledge and Innovation Centre in Nottingham and support Inclusive Boards’ research activities, conducting research, analysing results and generating original ideas.
Inclusive Boards is an organisation set up to support organisations in efforts to develop more diverse boards/senior leadership teams and stronger governance structures. Our services include Research & Advisory, Executive Training and Executive Search. We have worked with some of the largest charities in the UK, including Amnesty International, the Royal National Institute for Blind People (RNIB) and British Red Cross. We have been part of Cabinet Office strategic activities focused on improving diversity in governance.
We are looking for someone to undertake research as appropriate to the field of study including:
- Writing up research work for publication
- Researching and collating information for a range of clients
- Producing detailed reports in a timely manner
- Data input
- Using creativity to analyse and interpret research data and draw conclusions on the outcomes
- Contribute to the planning of research projects Communicate complex information orally, in writing and electronically
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess sufficient knowledge in the discipline and of research methods and techniques to work within established research programmes
- Evidence of research activity and published research is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage research and administrative activities and to balance competing pressures of research and administrative demands and deadlines
What we are looking for:
- High degree of computer literacy, including familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and Internet research
- Ability to take the initiative and drive work forward, and attention to detail to ensure outputs are of a very high quality
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English
- Able to plan, prioritise and deliver to tight timescales
- Attained or studying a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (e.g. public policy or social sciences)
- Knowledge or experience of data analysis and statistical methods
- Knowledge or previous experience of the youth sector / widening participation
The role will likely involve travel between offices and to client sites.
Closing Date: 31 August 2018
Interviews will be held mid September 2018.
To start late September 2018.
Please email a CV, a covering letter and a sample of your research work to Samuel Steel, Knowledge & Innovation Manager, at email@example.com.