Date Added: 8 August 2018
: 27 August 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Researcher
Working For: Rt Hon Nick Herbert CBE MP (Arundel & South Downs)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, motivated, and experienced individual to become a Parliamentary Researcher for Nick Herbert MP in his Westminster office.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Parliamentary and constituency research
• Policy correspondence
• Preparing briefing notes on policy issues
• Monitoring and scrutinising key policy developments
• Supporting media and communications work including social media
• General office support as required
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Ability to carry out tasks quickly and to a high standard, with a clear and concise writing style
• First-rate research skills
• Excellent organisational skills and an ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• A keen interest in politics and current affairs
• A good knowledge of Parliamentary procedures with previous experience in Parliament preferred
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 August 2018
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 5 September 2018.
To start as soon as possible.
We may appoint before the closing date.
Please email a CV and short covering letter/e-mail to Nick’s Chief of Staff, Ed Barker at email@example.com.