Date Added: 11 July 2018
: 18 July 2018
Job Title: Part-time Secretary
Working For: Helen Goodman MP (Bishop Auckland), Shadow FCO Minister
Salary: £10,865-15,000 PA, depending on experience for 20 hours a week.
Helen Goodman, Shadow FCO Minister with responsibiliy for the Americas, Asia-Pacific and the Polar Regions, is seeking a part-time Secretary with secretarial experience to work in her busy Westminster office.
You will be working 20 hours per week (Monday-Thursday).
The successful applicant will:
- Ensure the smooth-running of the office and facilitate Helen's busy schedule.
- Manage Helen's diary, travel arrangements and organise meetings and events.
- Act as a first point of contact for the office, responding to enquires by email and telephone.
- Undertake administrative tasks such as record keeping, stock ordering, archiving and typing.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, and directing correspondence and enquiries to the relevant staff.
The successful applicant will be able to prioritise work, use initiative and be familiar with Microsoft Office and social media, such as Twitter and Facebook.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 18 July 2018
Interview date - 23rd July in Westminster.
Start date - 4th September.
Closing time for applications is noon.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Reg Pula at firstname.lastname@example.org