Job type- Full time permanent
Hours- 35 hours per week (+ 5 hours paid lunch)
A career isn’t just about earning a living, is it? It’s about, having your say, making things happen, putting your stamp on the future.
And that’s why you’ll fit in perfectly as part of the Nacro team.
We are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives, building stronger communities and reducing crime. Last year alone we helped support, house, educate, advise and speak out for 38,000 disadvantaged young people and adults - and you could now help us make an even bigger impact going forward.
Who we are looking for?
We are in search of a highly talented Policy & Research Officer who can interact & maintain excellent working relationships with all of our staff members & external bodies to extract experiences & feedback and create robust policy positions for Nacro.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Drafting policy papers, reports and other policy-related materials.
• Drafting responses to government and other consultations.
• Ensuring that Nacro’s policy work is informed by the views and experiences of service users.
• Building relationships with policy counterparts in relevant charities and other organisations including, think-tanks.
• Conducting research, through surveys, polls, focus groups etc.
• Disseminating relevant policy information to senior and operational colleagues.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate capability of undertaking information gathering and analysis/research, report or proposal writing and policy development in a political environment