Date Added: 11 July 2018
: 19 July 2018
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker / Association Secretary
Working For: Rt Hon Tobias Ellwood MP (Bournemouth East)
Salary: £16,000 – £25,758 (pro rata) dependent on experience.
This role includes providing extra administrative support to Bournemouth East Conservative Association (BECA)
HOURS: 9am – 4pm, 5 days per week (24.5 hours per week on Parliamentary work, and 8 hours per week on BECA work. Extra hours may be requested if BECA requires additional work to be done – to be paid at the same hourly rate).
Due to the dual nature of the employment, the ideal candidate must be discreet and loyal to the Conservative Party, with an interest in both local and national issues. A tolerant, patient, friendly and positive attitude, alongside strong administrative experience and good attention to detail, is also highly desirable. Must be computer literate and confident using both Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office, and prepared to learn both our Case Management and marketing software. Must be highly organised and efficient. The ability to work independently will also be key to this role.
Responsibilities will include;
• Assisting with arrangements for local events including mail-outs and attendee lists
• Take initial action on queries from members of the public, including responding on behalf of the MP or BECA as appropriate
• Respond to enquiries by telephone and email
• Booking and attending surgery appointments when required, taking detailed notes, and sending follow-up correspondence
• Using Case Management software (Caseworker) to record information and refer various surgery cases to the London team
• Diary management for BECA
• Log all cases on case management system; monitor progress and ensure all agreed actions are taken
• Retain records and information confidentially, in line with GDPR
• Draft responses to constituents
• Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
• Monitor local news stories, liaise with officials and other local contacts as required
• Manage local party memberships, log payments, update member details where necessary, coordinate AGM’s and EGM’s
• Helping to compile and print local Association newsletters and advertising such as the ward ‘In Touch’ publications on behalf of local Conservative councillors
• Updating and monitoring the BECA website with appropriate content
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 19 July 2018
We are looking to hire as soon as possible; interviews will take place before the deadline closing date if the right candidate becomes available. Otherwise, interviews will be the week beginning 23rd July. Start date will be ASAP.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV and covering letter to Mariam Kazem-Malaki, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also feel free to get in contact if you have any questions about the role.