Date Added: 11 July 2018
: 5 August 2018
Job Title: PR Executive
Working For: Blackstock Consulting
Blackstock Consulting is looking to recruit a PR Executive to join our small but dynamic Farringdon-based team. The successful candidate will support our team to deliver PR strategies for clients in the property sector including FTSE-listed companies, as well as writing content and pitching stories to journalists.
Blackstock is a fast-expanding boutique communications consultancy based in Hatton Garden, between Farringdon and Chancery Lane, working extensively in urban design, architecture, housing and infrastructure. Our small but experienced team advises companies around all aspects of communications and engagement, supporting them on crisis management, investment, political engagement and regulatory issues.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide proactive PR support and media monitoring, from drafting press releases to phoning journalists to pitch stories for broadcast and print. This is a full time role located in Farringdon. Employee benefits include 28 days holiday (+ bank holidays), gym membership, exible working, pension and staff equity programme.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Proactively reading trade magazines identifying anything of interest for Blackstock clients;
- Proactively reading and digesting newspapers, magazines, online media to gain an overview of the political and sector context;
- Proactively engaging with journalists each week over the phone and in person;
- Keeping a list of upcoming features to engage with;
- Collaborating and supporting colleagues wherever possible;
- Assisting with drafting press releases and pitching them in;
- Taking a lead with social media / video content production;
- Produce written content each week as part of training.
- An interest in, and broad understanding of, the PR process;
- A relevant degree or equivalent quali cation;
- The ability to manage and prioritise a competing workload effectively, with limited supervision;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Closing Date: 5 August 2018
We are recruiting on a rolling basis and will interview candidates as they apply.
Please send a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.