Date Added: 27 June 2018
: 27 August 2018
Job Title: Media and Campaigns Volunteer
Working For: Royal Society for Blind Children
Charity Number: 307892
Salary: Reasonable volunteer expenses in line with our policy
Who are we?
RSBC are on a mission to make sure that every single blind child has the self-belief and skills to fulfil the potential we know they’ve got.
This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute towards making a real and positive change in children and young people's lives by helping RSBC’s team make our mission a reality for visually impaired and blind children across the UK. Will you join us?
We are looking for a volunteer to help progress our media and campaigns work by carrying out research for existing and upcoming campaigns and strategies to improve RSBC’s media/publicity work. Examples of what you could get involved in include;
• identifying social media influencers to approach
• working on a list of celebrity supporter targets
• identifying potentially supportive journalists and MPs
• helping find young people to fill out surveys
The role is flexible and is as much about you getting the most out of it, using your skills and gaining valuable experience in the sector, as it is about supporting our work. Throughout your time with us you will receive training and have full support from our External Relations team.
• Office based (in Hackney), with the option to work remotely
• Reasonable expenses reimbursed in line with our policy
• The successful volunteer will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check carried out
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
• Experience/knowledge of communications and working on media / campaigns would be desirable
If this sounds like you and you want to get involved in interesting and varied work that you can really make your own, please get in touch!
Closing Date: 27 August 2018
Interviews will be held at various dates until a volunteer has been recruited
• Please email: email@example.com with your CV and a short cover letter outlining what you can bring to the role
• Informal interview to be held at the RSBC office
• DBS and reference checks to be completed in advance of starting the role