Marsha de Cordova MP is looking for a Parliamentary Assistant to work in her busy Westminster office. The successful applicant will be enthusiastic and highly organised with excellent communication skills and good knowledge of Disability issues.
• Support Member in her shadow ministerial role for Disabled People.
• Evaluate, analyse and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key policy issues relating to disabled people.
• Develop good knowledge of legislation, bills, debates, EDMs, APPG’s etc.
• Advise Member on policy issues and prepare briefings for meetings, committees, debates and parliamentary questions.
• Prepare speeches, articles, quotes and press releases as appropriate. Monitor media.
• Monitor and respond to enquiries and correspondence.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
• Excellent knowledge of disability issues and an understanding of the barriers faced by disabled people.
• Goode knowledge and understanding of parliamentary business and processes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organisation skills, good attention to detail and able to plan organise and prioritise workload.
• Excellent ICT skills, including MS Office and online social media platforms.
In covering letter please include why you would like this job and why you believe you are qualify for this role.