Date Added: 15 May 2018
: 8 June 2018
Job Title: Account Executives/Account Managers/Account Directors
Working For: Newington Communications
Location: Nationwide (London, Manchester, Chelmsford, Edinburgh)
Salary: Dependent on role (plus benefits inc pension, and bonus)
Newington is a multi-award winning public and corporate affairs, local government and planning communications agency. It is our job to alert clients to issues that might impact their businesses and to help represent their interests to decision makers and influencers at a local, national and European level.
About the role
Due to an exciting restructure and ambitious growth plans, Newington’s Local and Devolved Government and Planning and Property practises are looking for a number of new starters across every level. This provides an exciting opportunity to either jump-start a career in political and local government communications, make a career move up or move to a more senior position working closely from day one with a varied set of clients ranging from challenger firms through to big FTSE-listed brands in sectors across the board.
Based in London, Manchester, Chelmsford or Edinburgh, you will be an essential part of a first-class team drawn from politics, policy and the media, and part of an ambitious company with a supportive and collaborative culture. We welcome applications at every level and ask candidates to specify which role and in which location they are applying for.
What we are looking for
Like all of our consultants, you must be a problem solver, take pride in your work, be approachable and fun, and have a ‘can do’ attitude. In addition, successful candidates will as a minimum:
• Be graduate level or equivalent
• Have a knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, local government, business, politics and the media
• Have some experience working in the fields of politics, campaigning, policy or communications
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills
• Have strong research and organisational skills
• Possess a professional eye for detail
• Have the ability to think clearly, rise to challenges and work as part of a team as well as under your own initiative
• For applications at Account Manager and above, previous experience of working within a consultancy would be preferable.
• Membership of a political party, whilst not essential, would also be preferable.
Closing Date: 8 June 2018
Successful applicants will be invited to an interview at one of Newington’s Offices. Due to the volume of applications expected, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com clearly stating the role and location they are applying for.
All applications will be dealt with according to Newington’s equal opportunities policy.