Date Added: 15 May 2018
: 28 May 2018
Job Title: Public Affairs Assistant
Working For: The Kennel Club
Salary: £21,000 p.a.
The primary objective of the Kennel Club is to improve in every way the welfare, health and general wellbeing of all dogs throughout their lives, by means of various research and educational programmes, and our Charitable Trust. The Kennel Club is an organisation committed to promoting and protecting dogs’ varied roles in society and defending the interests of all dog owners.
A vacancy has arisen for a Public Affairs Assistant to support the External Affairs department in their work to further the Kennel Club’s involvement with the Public and Parliamentary Affairs. The ideal candidate will have:
• A University degree
• Interest in Public Relations and/or Public Affairs work
• Social Media nous, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Good organisational abilities
• Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
• Proficient in Excel
• Work experience or previous employment in a public relations environment
• Experience using media monitoring database, Gorkana
• Live within commuting distance of central London
To assist the External Affairs department in various aspects of their work, which will include administrative duties, media monitoring and arranging events and photocalls with the press.
Duties are likely to include:
• To assist with developing/delivering public affairs strategies and plans.
• To deliver professional public affairs campaigns to the Westminster Parliament, the Scottish Parliament and the Welsh Assembly.
• Promote the Kennel Club generally in parliament and the devolved administrations.
• To manage the Kennel Club’s dog owners group, KC Dog and take forward related local lobbying campaigns.
• To assist in organising parliamentary or related events and attend parliamentary and external meetings as necessary
• To write regular content for internal publications.
• To upload related content to websites.
• To develop content for the Kennel Club Public Affairs department Twitter account
• To undertake research, correspondence and telephone enquiries
• To assist in the administration of press facilities and the manning of stands for events.
Closing Date: 28 May 2018
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com stating the role you are applying for and explaining why you are suitable for this position.
Closing date for applications is close of business on Monday 28 May 2018.