Date Added: 15 May 2018
: 3 June 2018
Job Title: Caseworker/Constituency Support Officer
Working For: Victoria Prentis MP (North Oxfordshire)
Location: Upper Heyford, near Bicester, Oxfordshire
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Victoria Prentis MP is looking to appoint a Constituency Support Officer/Caseworker based in her constituency office on either a part- or full-time basis to start as soon as possible.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the MP is accurately informed on key issues
• Dealing with queries from members of the public by telephone and email
• Progress and draft casework as required
• Attend constituency meetings and surgeries as appropriate and represent MP when necessary
• Maintain a social media presence in the constituency and help to publicise surgeries, events, press releases etc
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• General administrative tasks
• Assist the MP with other duties as required
• Flexibility and willingness to work evenings and weekends occasionally
• Strong written and communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to organise
• A good team player
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
The following skills are required:
• A good understanding of the British political system and local government
• A good grasp of current affairs
• An understanding of constituency issues
• An excellent understanding of Microsoft Office and Outlook
• Full clean driving licence
The following skills are preferred:
• Knowledge of the Banbury constituency
• Knowledge of caseworker.mp
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 3 June 2018
Interviews will be conducted in the constituency office on Friday 8 June.
Candidates successfully selected for interview may be contacted ahead of the closing date with further details.
All applicants should send their CV with a short letter explaining why they are suitable for the role by 10pm on Sunday 3 June to Catharine Woźniak by email: email@example.com. Please direct any enquiries regarding this position to Zoe on 01869 233 685.