Date Added: 15 May 2018
: 12 June 2018
Job Title: Head of Public Affairs (maternity cover)
Working For: University of Nottingham
The University of Nottingham's award-winning Political and Public Affairs Unit has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced public affairs professional to join the team for a ten month contract covering maternity leave.
Based on our stunning University Park campus in Nottingham, you will lead and co-ordinate the University’s public affairs programme to develop and strengthen relationships with the full range of key external stakeholders. This role manages the Political and Public Affairs Unit to ensure the University has a positive profile with key decision-makers and influencers and to support the University’s senior leadership to develop and maintain key relationships.
Key responsibilities include:
• Leadership of the Political and Public Affairs Unit, developing and delivering a public affairs programme to support the University's strategic goals, including engagements at local, regional, national and global levels
• Provide expert and credible political and public affairs advice and training to senior University managers and academics across our campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia
• Advise senior leadership of the university on key forthcoming political developments affecting the university and the broader HE sector
• Support the development of the new University of Nottingham Institute for Policy and Engagement, in particular the political engagement and public engagement strands which will deliver support for academics
Experience / Skills required:
• Strong track record of planning and leading successful public affairs campaigns
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail
• Knowledge and understanding of the HE sector and developments in HE policy
• Demonstrable experience of dealing with a range of colleagues and stakeholders in an appropriate manner, advising and influencing colleagues and presenting complex information in a user-friendly manner
This position is permanent, fixed term for 10 months. Applications for job share will be accepted.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Leonie Mathers, tel: 0115 9513309 or email email@example.com. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 12 June 2018