Date Added: 16 April 2018
: 23 April 2018
Job Title: Intern - Reputation and Strategy
Working For: Populus Limited
Salary: £19,890 per annum
Populus is a leading research and strategy consultancy. We use polling, research, evidence and expertise to provide clients with the critical knowledge they need to make better decisions about their business, organisation or brand.
Working within the Reputation and Strategy team, this fixed-term (full-time), three month, internship offers an opportunity to gain first-hand experience and understanding of all aspects of our work.
Key responsibilities include:
• stakeholder mapping;
• booking interviews;
• data sourcing, analysis and checking;
• background research on clients and political issues; and
• reporting research findings.
Interns may also be asked to conduct stakeholder research interviews, attend and take notes at focus groups, support the Business and Consumer practice and undertake general office administration.
You will be taught each of these skills by a more senior member of the team as they become relevant and then supported by the whole team throughout your time with us. There will also be formal training opportunities provided by our internal Knowledge Exchange programme.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for candidates who are interested in working with both quantitative and qualitative data but you don’t need to have expertise in both of these areas in order to apply.
Populus employs people who are self-motivating, self-aware, self-disciplined and self-improving. We value a willingness to take responsibility and be accountable. We encourage enthusiasm, forward-thinking and the use of initiative.
• Excellent writing and/or numerical skills – developed in an academic or work setting
• Interest in business and current affairs
• Proven attention-to-detail
• A strong desire to adapt skills and keep learning
• Professional and confident
• Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
• Confidence with Microsoft Office applications
• Degree-level education
• A demonstrable interest in corporate reputation
• Understanding of - and ability to use - qualitative and quantitative research techniques
• Experience of or interest in applying statistical techniques a bonus but not required
Closing Date: 23 April 2018
Interview date - 24 April 2018
Dates of internship - 30 April 2018 to 29 June 2018
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should have ‘Intern - Reputation and Strategy’ in the subject line.
Your application should be made up of two separate pdf documents:
• Your CV
• A short covering letter, explaining why you would be suitable for the role and how it will advance your career