Date Added: 16 April 2018
: 26 April 2018
Job Title: Registration Adviser
Working For: The Electoral Commission
Charity Number: n/a
Directorate: Political Finance and Regulation
Fixed-term contract: until 29 March 2019
Are you interested in joining an organisation playing a vital role in the democratic process? It has been a busy time at the Electoral Commission, with a number of significant electoral events having taken place over the last two years and planned electoral events in 2018 and onwards. Now is a really exciting time to be joining The Electoral Commission and an opening has arisen for a Registration Adviser to join the Regulation team.
The Commission maintains and publishes registers of political parties, non-party campaigners and other organisations involved in political finance. You will be providing advice and guidance to our stakeholders in relation to the Commission’s registration function.
You will be responsible for assessing and processing registration applications from political parties and other regulated entities, and ensuring that the registers are accurate and up to date. You will also liaise with representatives from political parties and other stakeholders about their registered entries and applications where necessary.
You will become familiar with and have regard to the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 (PPERA) in undertaking your role, including applying the law to registration applications and queries from stakeholders.
Who we are looking for
• You will have experience of resolving queries and relaying information to stakeholders in an accurate and timely manner.
• You will have excellent communication skills and be confident dealing with stakeholder queries over the phone.
• Experience of updating and maintaining databases with accuracy when recording information.
• You will have the motivation and ability to familiarise yourself with the relevant law relating to party and election finance.
• You will have excellent prioritisation skills with the ability to manage several different tasks and organise your workload effectively.
• You will have great attention to detail and experience of working in a regulatory environment as well as reading and applying legislation.
Closing Date: 26 April 2018
The closing time for applications is 23:45.
We expect interviews to take place on 3 and 4 May 2018.
If you are interested in this role please visit our website; http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/jobs to download the job description and person specification, before applying online.