About Innovate Finance
Innovate Finance is an independent membership association that represents the UK's global FinTech community. We are a not-for-profit that advances the country's leading position in the financial services sector by supporting the next generation of technology-led financial services innovators.
About the Policy Associate role
The successful candidate will:
- Support and work alongside the Head of Policy & Regulation, to provide public policy and regulatory research and guidance.
- Monitor horizon-scan policy, finance and tech developments with the view to producing briefing documents.
- Have excellent communication skills and will produce written content in the FinTech space internally and externally via updates, presentations, newsletters and minute-taking.
- Support in the development of policy positions, including helping to draft consultation responses on behalf of members.
- Help with admin and coordination and to deliver plan aspects of relevant events including high-level roundtables with senior policy stakeholders, both nationally and internationally.
- Support the policy team with ad hoc research where required. This may involve responding to work on talent, skills and migration post-Brexit, upcoming pieces of regulation, and helping with regional FinTech activity outside of London.
- Help to manage the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on FinTech which involves; website engagement, organising meetings and minutes and helping to develop a pipeline of activity.
- You are strategically minded and have excellent analytical skills coupled with sharp public policy / political judgement
- Are confident to work well autonomously without the need for micromanagement.
- Confidence communicating both verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences and ensuring content is tailored. Have excellent political awareness and the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to senior colleagues and stakeholders
- A sound understanding of legislative policy and the ability to coordinate political engagement across UK parliament.
We are looking to find a suitable candidate for this position by close of April, with a late May / early June start.