Date Added: 16 April 2018
: 26 April 2018
Job Title: Executive Director
Working For: Economy
Salary: Circa £40,000
Economy is a young, ambitious charity and movement on a mission to make the conversation on economics accessible to everyone. Two and a half years into our development, we are looking for a passionate, driven, skilled Executive Director to lead us into our next stage.
With a range of fully-funded projects taking us through the next two years, this is an exciting time to join Economy. Your challenge will be engaging with stakeholders, funders, industry players, our staff team and audiences to lead the organisation’s strategy, solidify its role in the field of economics communication and upscale its programmes to maximise our reach, efficacy, and impact.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Leadership & Strategy: working with the staff and board to oversee all aspects of strategy implementation, ensuring the organisations values are being promoted and upheld.
- Management: Leading the team in a culture of openness and collapration, with effective support and professional development across the organisation.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Embed an organisation-wide communications approach, and represent Economy to key staekholders.
- Policy & Campaigns: Shape Economy's policy and influencing work, and oversee implementation of its campaigns.
- Finance & Risk: Be responsible for the overall financial health of the charity.
- Income Generation: Be responsible to the board for leading the development of a fundraising strategy and meeting income generating targets.
- Governance, & Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Ensure the charity is compliant with all legal and regulatory requirements.
Essential attributes for the ideal candidate include experience of:
- Building a strong, motivated team able to coalesce around an ambitious strategy
- Leading a successful fundraising strategy and diversifying fundraising into new areas
- Managing relationships with senior stakeholders, ideally including charitable funders, government, the media and industry
- Experience of financial management, including preparing or overseeing the preparation of management accounts
- Charity leadership, including the formation of successful strategies and business plans
Desirable qualifications include:
- A good working knowledge of media coverage of economics.
- A degree in economics or a related discipline, or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Experience of working with or supporting networks and movements to achieve change, particularly (but not necessarily) in a campaigning or media context.
- Experience of speaking to the media
Closing Date: 26 April 2018
Interviews: Monday 26th April, 2018.
Start date: ASAP
Closing time: 11:59pm
Full details of the position and application process are available here: https://www.ecnmy.org/jobs/
Please send a CV and cover letter of no more than 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org