Date Added: 13 March 2018
: 24 March 2018
Job Title: Part-Time Researcher
Working For: Julian Smith MP (Skipton and Ripon)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales (3 days a week)
Julian Smith MP is seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated individual to take on the role of Researcher, on a part-time basis, working in his Westminster office Monday- Wednesday with the flexibility to work additional hours when required.
Key responsibilities to support Julian’s work as an MP will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with policy casework and responding to general constituency enquiries
- Liaising with government agencies, local authorities, third party organisations and others
- Communicating with constituents clearly and sensitively on the telephone
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of national and local issues and how they will affect residents
- Assisting with drafting press releases and updating Julian’s website and social media accounts
- General office admin and support
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Highly organised
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Efficient and fast worker
- A strong work ethic and prepared for a busy office environment
- Team player; reliable and enthusiastic
- Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 March 2018
Candidates will be notified via email if they have been shortlisted for interview. The role will begin as soon as possible but we can be flexible for the right candidate. An appointment may be made before the closing date.
Please email a CV and short covering letter to Julian at email@example.com with the subject 'Job Application- [Your Name]'.
Please indicate if you have applied to work in Mr Smith's ofice previously.
Please note that only those successful applicants invited to interview will receive a response.