Date Added: 13 March 2018
: 30 March 2018
Job Title: Campaigns Manager
Working For: International Fund for Animal Welfare
Salary: £40,098, inclusive of London weighting, dependent on experience
We are looking for a dynamic campaigner, who is experienced and driven, to develop, deliver and evaluate a variety of campaigns within the UK and support global priorities on conservation and welfare. You will work closely with our European and global teams and be able to identify opportunities which can influence legislation at a local and national level. The successful candidate will understand fully how the British political system works and should have direct experience of working and/or influencing in this area.
You need to have bags of enthusiasm, be creative, dynamic and always ready with suggestions. This needs to be combined with extensive experience of successfully leading campaigns from start to finish and achieving results at the end of it. You will need to be strategic, a good planner and communicator and work with staff across numerous different country offices. This is a critical time within the UK and globally to protect animals and their habitats, and we’re looking for someone who will aim high to make this happen and who is able to utilise and develop a range of campaigning tools and introduce new standards in project management.
The candidate must have:
- Substantial campaigning and advocacy lobbying experience
- Excellent political knowledge and awareness
- Direct experience of working and/or influencing in the political arena
- Great communication skills across all levels of supporters and stakeholders
- Ability to ethically persuade and enthuse others about key issues
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Experience of preparing and researching reports and briefings whilst maintaining high scientific standards of accuracy
- Confident media and/or public speaking skills to effectively communicate our message to key target audiences across all levels of society
- Excellent written, editorial and presentation skills with ability to proof-read and edit quickly and accurately
- Solid base understanding of communications and media channels for effective campaigning
- For more information and a full person specification, please see the job description.
See job advert, job description and application information on our website: https://www.ifaw.org/united-kingdom/about-ifaw/employment/campaigns-manag-0
Closing Date: 30 March 2018
Provisional Interview Date: Monday 16th April
Send in your CV with three references, together with a supporting statement demonstrating your suitability for the position, preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org