Date Added: 13 March 2018
: 19 March 2018
Job Title: Office Administrator
Working For: Ruth Cadbury MP (Brentford and Isleworth)
Salary: in line with IPSA pay scale
Ruth Cadbury Member of Parliament for Brentford and Isleworth, is looking for an office administrator to join her team in Westminster. Candidates should be highly literate and personable with a good telephone manner. They should be extremely well organised with a strong attention to detail, be able to act independently and work under pressure in a demanding environment.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a close-knit team in the Westminster office so must have excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills.
Candidates will also be expected to be sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party and show an interest in current affairs.
Prior experience of working as a diary manager is desirable but not essential.
- Inbox and diary management
- Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public, other MPs, Ministers, outside organisations and MP surgeries
- Liaise with external suppliers when required regarding office supplies
- Manage and monitor incoming calls and enquiries
- Opening and dispatching mail
- Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
- Providing administrative support in relation to MP's expenses scheme
- Responding to enquiries by telephone and email, passing on queries to other team
- members/MP as appropriate
- Setting up and maintaining systems and database
- Supporting with press releases, website and social media
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 19 March 2018
Interviews will be Monday 26th March in Westminster. You will be notified by Friday 23rd if you have been successful in securing an interview.
Immediate start would be ideal
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
We would ask that the CV is no more than two pages.