Date Added: 13 March 2018
: 31 March 2018
Job Title: Public Affairs Advisor
Working For: a client of Murray McIntosh & Associates
Salary: £24,500 - £29,000
My client, a highly regarded professional body with a global reach, are looking to bring on board a Public Affairs Advisor. At a time when the sectors in which they operate are at the forefront of the Government agenda, this is an exciting time to join the organisation as they seek to grow their involvement in the policy and political arenas.
The successful candidate can expect to:
- Support the Policy, Public Affairs and External affairs teams to create, implement and maintain a public affairs programme, in line with the organisation's policy aims and objectives
- Identify key stakeholders through the development and use of a contact programme, including MPs, Peers, Ministers, other Membership Organisations and Key Policymakers
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Monitor political developments from Parliament, Government and elsewhere
- Produce briefing materials, speeches and articles for senior staff on key political developments
- Regularly engage with the media and communications team to ensure that the organisation's Policy and Public Affairs work is effectively communicated
- Support and occasionally lead on key elements of the organisations Public Affairs campaigns and management of political activities, including Party Conferences and major industry events
- Represent the organisation at internal and external events
- Occasionally travel, and have involvement with, stakeholders in the EU and devolved nations
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
- Prior exposure to a Public Affairs or Political environment - ideally gained within a membership / professional organisation
- Sound understanding of Policy and Political environment within industry-related fields
- Experience of influencing policy-making through the use of campaigns
- Any press or social media experience is desirable
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Ability to engage with stakeholders of all levels
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- High attention to detail
For more information: http://www.murraymcintoshassociates.com/job-details/?id=public-affairs-advisor-170809
Closing Date: 31 March 2018
An appointment may be made before the closing date if the preferred candidate is identified.
Interviews will take place as soon as relevant candidates are identified and introduced to the client.
To apply for this post or to find out more information ahead of doing so, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and any supporting information you deem relevant to the role brief.