Date Added: 13 March 2018
: 15 April 2018
Job Title: Project Officer
Working For: JAN Trust
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 pro rata (dependent on experience)
Part time 3 days a week FTC 6 months. Further extension will be considered dependent on performance and funding.
JAN Trust is a multi-award winning NGO. Its aim is to empower, educate and empower disadvantaged women.
Purpose of the Role:
You will be responsible for the coordination and organisation of JAN Trust’s projects, services and activities.
This is a broad role and would suit an all-rounder.
• High-level support on various projects including things like overseeing design and production of materials, updating websites etc.
• Assisting the Director and Head of Operations
• Monitoring parliamentary activity
• Advertising opportunities to work with a variety of stakeholders including schools
• To develop and manage effective relationships with external agencies
• To provide talks/presentations and lead discussions on issues such as extremism and forced marriages
• Developing and delivering presentations to a range of audiences
• Managing social media and increasing our online presence through blogs, online articles etc
• Liaising face to face with users and assisting them with any issues they may have
• Keep up to date with developments and legislation around the key issues such as forced marriages, violence against women, hate crime, Islamophobia, extremism etc
• Researching sensitive issues such as forced marriages, domestic violence, extremism. Assisting with projects/services on these issues.
• Organising and attending events including liaising with the community, users, politicians, governmental representatives and local authorities
• Assist in fundraising as well as with applications
• Marketing and promoting the organisation both online and at face to face meetings
• Getting involved with press and releases
• Writing articles
• Travel in the UK (paid for) and must be comfortable with this
• Supervise and capacity build volunteers and interns
• Updating websites
• Flexibility to work late or extra days in the week if required
This is a role for someone who feels and cares for marginalised women in the UK. This is a challenging role and is best suited to someone willing to take on a challenge.
Closing Date: 15 April 2018
Interviews to be held on a rolling basis and hence early application is encouraged.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with subject heading PO-W4MP-Mar18
Your covering letter mush highlight the following:
- Why you have applied to JAN Trust
- What you can bring to JAN Trust and the role
- What are the key issues facing BAME and Muslim women currently
- Your future: where you see yourself in 5 - 10 years time