Date Added: 28 February 2018
: 1 April 2018
Job Title: India Internship - International Development
Working For: Development in Action
Charity Number: 1149279
Salary: None - Volunteer must pay £800 for two month placement.
Are you interested in gaining overseas experience with an ethical organisation focused on sustainable volunteering? Do you want to experience development differently? Can you be proactive and adapt to the fast-paced nature of social change? If so then Development in Action's India Internship Programme may be for you.
For over 20 years DiA has promoted an ethical overseas development experience through our India Internship placements. We are now recruiting interns for our India placements. The volunteer internship offers the opportunity for young people to gain new perspectives on global issues and strengthen their skills.
DiA offers volunteer internships that provide young people with the opportunity to work with our partner NGO's in India; these experiences give young people the chance to strengthen their skills and continue their journey as global citizens through action at home, in their studies and in their professional lives. We are looking for those who are:
- Able to work as part of a team and have a strong understanding of working cross-culturally.
- Able to use their own initiative and be proactive.
- Enthusiastic about DiA's visions and missions.
- Committed to their role in affecting positive social change (both the opportunities and the challenges).
- Interested in international development and/or global issues such as social and economic inequality, climate change, public health and education for all.
- Willing to document their experiences through pictures, video, blogs and projects.
Leaving in July 2018 we offer placements of either 2 months or 6 months working with our partner organisations in India. These could include:
- Conducting research on rural development and agriculture.
- Working with children and young people on social or education projects.
- Working on participatory development and public health projects.
- Engaging in women’s empowerment projects.
All interns are asked to make a contribution towards their placement costs. DiA is volunteer-run and operates on a not-for-profit basis, so this money covers the cost of running the programme.
Interns are also required to cover costs of flights, insurance and visas.
Closing Date: 1 April 2018
Assessment day likely to be 14th or 15th April 2018 in London.
Departure dates would be July 2018.
Successful applicants will attend a training weekend in the UK and further training on arrival in India. Throughout your time in India the India volunteer coordinator will be on hand to help and assist you as required. On return to the UK you will submit your volunteer project, attend a debrief day and be offered the opportunity to continue to be engaged with DiA.
To apply please download the application form from the website and return to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title 'India Intern Application'.