Date Added: 13 February 2018
: 28 February 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Angela Eagle MP (Wallasey)
Salary: £27,000 - £31,000, depending upon experience
Angela Eagle MP is recruiting someone to work as the lead staff member in her Parliamentary office.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
• Carry out research to assist Angela in her Parliamentary duties, on both national issues and matters arising in Wallasey
• Draft speeches, articles, press releases, parliamentary questions and regular pieces for social media
• Liaise with journalists in order to place stories in the media
• Diary management and other administrative duties
• Respond to correspondence from constituents on policy issues
• Monitor media coverage and brief member on relevant issues
• Develop and maintain current knowledge of Bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, Hansard debates etc
• Good understanding of parliamentary procedure
• Ability to research a range of topics and analyse complex information
• Proactive and able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to adapt style to different audiences
• Ability to build constructive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 28 February 2018
Interviews week commencing 5 March; starting as soon as possible.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter no longer than one side of A4 to email@example.com
Please note that we may not be able to acknowledge all applications.