Date Added: 13 February 2018
: 5 March 2018
Job Title: Senior Public Affairs Officer
Working For: NHS Confederation
Salary: £31,295 inc £4k London weighting and £1k on-call allowance
The NHS Confederation is looking for a full-time senior public affairs officer to play a vital role in our public affairs team, which is part of our new communications and commercial services directorate.
Who are we?
The NHS Confederation is the authentic voice of NHS leadership. We are the only membership body that brings together, and speaks on behalf of, the whole health and care system.
About the role
The senior public affairs officer will provide support to the chief executive and the networked organisations of the NHS Confederation. The post holder will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development and delivery of our overall stakeholder engagement strategy and leading on direct contact with stakeholders.
- Providing briefings for senior NHS Confederation colleagues.
- Providing timely expertise and support to the CEO and networked organisations.
- Working closely with other colleagues in the CEO’s Office to ensure our influencing work is based on research and intelligence.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates who:
- are educated to degree level or equivalent
- have prior experience of working in a public affairs, policy, campaigns or parliamentary environment
- have excellent written and oral communications skills and good knowledge of politics, public affairs and the workings of parliament
- have well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills
- have knowledge of major health policy issues
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their knowledge on a wide-range of health-related areas, including mental health, commissioning, Brexit, the role of the third and private sector, social care, workforce, community health, primary care, finance and leadership.
Closing Date: 5 March 2018
Interview Date: 14th/15th March 2018
How to apply
Please download the job description from http://www.nhsconfed.org/about-us/vacancies and email a CV and covering letter no longer than one page, outlining: why you are interested in the role, how your knowledge and experience matched to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please contact Victoria Fowler via email (email@example.com) or by phone on 020 7799 8671.