Date Added: 13 February 2018
: 26 February 2018
Job Title: Constituency Support Officer
Working For: Clive Lewis MP (Norwich South)
Location: Norwich South Constituency Office
Salary: £12,480 pa for 24 hr/wk
Based in the constituency of Norwich South, this exciting opportunity is offered on a permanent basis, for 24hrs per week (days negotiable) , with a 6 month probationary period. We encourage applications from individuals returning to the workforce.
The successful candidate will demonstate the following
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a good telephone manner
- Experience of working and dealing with the general public
- Ability to work quickly and flexibly and to complete tasks in a timely manner
Duties and Responsibilities
- Dealing with queries from members of the public
- Attending surgeries
- Liaising with partner organisations and Government departments to gather information to assist with resolving cases
- Logging all cases and monitoring progress to ensure all identified actions are taken
- Diary management and event coordination and management
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
Some Saturday working to cover surgeries will occasionally be required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 February 2018
Interviews will take place in the week commencing Monday 5th March. The start date will be Monday 19th March.
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing how you think you meet the requirements of the role.
Depending on the volume of applications, please be aware that we may not acknowledge every unsuccessful application.