Date Added: 26 January 2018
: 23 February 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Secretary
Working For: Andrea Jenkyns MP (Morley and Outwood)
Andrea is looking for a Parliamentary Secretary to support her in her work in Westminster and in the constituency.
The Parliamentary office is incredibly busy, with competing commitments from constituents, outside bodies, all-party groups and the Exiting the EU Select Committee. The successful candidate will be jovial, cool under pressure and knowledgeable about the workings of the world of Westminster. A sense of humour is also essential.
They will join a well-established team so should not be afraid to get stuck in straight away.
- Assisting with arrangements for events
- Diary Management
- Handling administrative arrangements for meeting
- Liaise with external suppliers when required regarding office supplies
- Opening and Despatching Mail
- Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
- Providing administrative support in relation to MP’s expense claims
- Responding to enquiries by telephone and email
- Excellent organisational skills
- A high standard of verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- The ability to work both alone and in a team
- A positive mental attitude and a sense of humour
- A clear commitment to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
- An interest in health policy
- Experience managing and building websites and maintaining social media channels
- Experience working with the press
- Experience working in a Westminster office
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 February 2018
We are looking to hire as soon as possible, therefore, interviews will be taking place before the deadline closing date if the right candidate becomes available.
Please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Alex Lancaster on 0207 219 5798.
Taken down on February 12 as position filled