Date Added: 22 January 2018
: 28 February 2018
Job Title: Writer/Interviewers
Working For: Embargo
Embargo showcases the most interesting people and ideas from around the business world.
We take a step back from the news, and instead each week profile someone doing something interesting from the 'business world' - this could be an entrepreneur, social entrepreneur, politician, journalist - or anything in-between.
We also place a great emphasis on interviewing people from around the world, rather than just one or two countries.
We are looking for individuals who are interested in building their interviewing and writing skills by identifying suitable people to feature on the site, carrying out the interview, and subsequently writing it up for publication on our website.
- Interest in business, politics, and international affairs.
- Excellent timekeeping to submit work before agreed deadline.
- Willingness to interview people face-to-face or over Skype/phone from around the business world.
- Previous writing experience
- Previous article writing experience.
- Foreign language ability.
- Understanding of Wordpress and MailChimp.
- Sub-editing/editing skills.
- Social media marketing and a willingness to promote Embargo articles over social media channels.
Our aim would be for writers to write up one interview per month and therefore the role would easily fit around other work or study commitments.
For more information see www.getembargo.com/about.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 28 February 2018
Start date will begin with first agreed submission.
If interested please sent a short covering note contained in an email outlining your previous experience, as well as your reasons for applying.
For questions regarding the role please email email@example.com.