Date Added: 12 January 2018
: 5 February 2018
Job Title: Head of Policy & External Affairs
Working For: Asthma UK
Salary: £53,000 per annum
• Are you an experienced policy and external affairs professional looking for your next challenge?
• Are you interested in exploring the policy implications as healthcare becomes ever more driven by big data and technology?
• Do you want to improve outcomes for millions of people?
• Do you have great ideas and want the opportunity to put them into practice?
The Head of Policy and External Affairs will be a policy professional with excellent skills at turning policy into thought leadership and making the case for asthma research funding and health public policy, which has not had the attention or investment compared to other diseases. Asthma UK is at the heart of a fast-moving environment, with huge potential in technology, research, innovation and data driving how people with asthma receive care and information. Leading the policy and external affairs team, you will not be afraid to disrupt the status quo in health public policy, enable the team to think afresh and bring an entrepreneurial spirit to the organisation.
We’re looking for someone who:
• Can see an opportunity, inspire and convince others to make change happen
• Looks at data and insight and sees opportunity
• Believes in evidence to drive change
• Is passionate about working with a wide range of stakeholders to build strong and effective partnerships
• Can analyse situations, see the opportunities, challenges and mitigate the risks
• Has experience of managing multiple streams of work
• Can inspire a team and support their development
• Is committed to making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives
What the role involves:
• Leading the policy and external affairs team to deliver Asthma UK’s policy, public affairs strategies, plans and activities
• Developing stakeholder engagement strategies and representing the charity externally
• Leading the development, review and communication of evidence-based policy
• Oversee the development of high quality policy reports, position statements, thought leadership pieces, consultation responses and briefings to communicate the charity’s views and influence decision-makers
• Ensuring that Asthma UK’s policy and influencing work is driven by the needs of people with asthma
Closing Date: 5 February 2018
First interview: 22 February 2018.
Second interview: 28 February 2018.
For more information and to apply please go to https://www.networxrecruitment.com/Jobs/Advert/1135318.